The Lymphoedema Assistant Rehabilitation Programme
Our fully inclusive HealthCare Assistant, Support Worker & Lymphoedema Assistant Training Programme
Join us on our blended learning training programme specifically designed for those working within a clinical setting, supporting healthcare professionals within a lymphoedema setting.
We know the role of the Health Care Assistant/Support Worker is integral to providing continued clinical care to people living with lymphoedema. As a key team member, the individual is trained at a high level to ensure best practice. This training is designed for delegates who undertake a Healthcare Assistant role, or act as a Support Worker, you may also be training as a Lymphoedema Assistant.
The Lymphoedema Assistant Rehabilitation Programme is an 8-day training course which can be undertaken as a whole or in two parts to ensure you obtain the right skills to suit your role and responsibilities.
The Lymphoedema Assistant Rehabilitation Programme is split into 2 parts.
Part 1 – Lymphoedema Assistant Training (LAT)
This 3-day classroom-based training will equip you the essential skills of lymphoedema management.
- On completion you will have a thorough understanding of Anatomy, Physiology and pathophysiology, allowing you to assess and treat lymphoedema with essential management skills of compression, movement and drainage, skincare, risk reduction and understanding and assisting with technical skills.
An ongoing theme throughout the training will be our focus on treatment, health, wellness, and lifestyle skills.
Part 2 – Lymphoedema Assistant Advanced Management (LAAM)
This blended learning training is designed to provide you with skills, knowledge, and techniques to advance your lymphoedema management.
- Training will include a deeper look at the lymphatic system and drainage pathways. Through our research using Lymphofluoroscopy Imaging (ICG), we will introduce you to Fluoroscopy Guided Manual Lymphatic Drainage (FG-MLD®) and the ‘Fill & Flush’ technique. On completion of this training, you will have the theory and skills to treat the patient with more complex and challenging lymphatic conditions, including the management of midline oedema ensuring we provide you with skills to get faster, long lasting results from your treatment.
To note: Lymphoedema Assistant Training (Part1) is a pre-requisite to Lymphoedema Assistant Advanced Management.
Our Lymphoedema Assistant Rehabilitation Programme will certify you as a ‘LTA Therapist’ on completion of both parts.
The benefit of an LTA certification means you can;
- Write LTA Cert. after your name
- Display FG-MLD® Certified and LTA Cert. logo on your marketing material
- Be recognised through wearing you LTA cert. qualification badge
- Practice the most researched and evidenced based method of MLD
- Be listed on our international directory of lymphoedema services
- Use an innovative technique and ensure effective treatment programmes
- Receive training and support from Jane Wigg & Team
- Access the latest developments in Lymphoedema care
- Have access to a private FG-MLD® Therapist FB Page for on-going support and advice.
This training is suitable for: All Healthcare Assistants, Support Workers & Lymphoedema Assistants.
Please note: We do offer differing training programmes for other professionals.
Lymphoedema Assistant Training
Classroom – 10th, 11th, 12th February 2022
Lymphoedema Assistant – Advanced Management – inc FG-MLD®
Online – 28th February & 7th March 2022
Classroom – 31st March & 1st April 2022
Assessment & Exam – 2nd April 2022
The Lymphoedema Assistant Rehabilitation Programme – £1,295.00 + VAT
Lymphoedema Assistant Training – £475.00 + VAT
Lymphoedema Assistant Advanced Management – £895.00 + VAT
Date(s) - 10/02/2022 - 02/04/2022
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy