Join us Thursday 3 May 2018 for our seventh, annual event,
‘An Audience With…Professor Terence Ryan’
Special price £40
This year we are excited to host Professor Terence Ryan, renowned Dermatologist and Lymphologist and Emeritus Fellow of Green Templeton College in Oxford. He is a founder member of the British Lymphology Society (BLS) and was instrumental in the development of International Society of lymphology (ISL). He is known for his work within lymphoedema and dermatology throughout the world. Following a prestigious career focusing on wound healing and lymphatics, he has increasingly concentrated on the problems of the Developing World and is an advisor to the ‘Global Alliance for the Elimination of Lymphatic Filariasis’, spending much time in India. He has received Lifetime Achievement Awards from several International Organisations and holds the titles of professor at many prestigious universities. Holding over 500 publications in the field of Vascular and Lymphology medicine, a day with Professor Ryan is not to be missed.
This inspirational and interactive day will guide you through the challenges of skincare and inflammatory markers, help you to recognise the importance and process of inflammation in lymphoedema development and assist you with understanding how the simple ayurvedic treatments from India have a place in the UK.
- Explaining lymphatic failure through:
- Intrinsic defects in the lymphatic
- Lymphatic overload from inflammation and venous failure
- Lymphatic therapies; How do they work?
- Learning from the success of counselling lymphoedema patients in India, and the transfer of skills. What determines success?
- The Memoirs of Terence Ryan and how they fit the future
- Challenge our Professor—interactive questions from the floor
The day will include lunch, exhibitors and plenty of interaction as well as the launch of Professor Ryan’s book.
To book, contact Lori Morrall on 0330 010 1317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date(s) - 03/05/2018
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy Ltd