THE LYMPHOEDEMA REHABILITATION PROGRAM
ADVANCED MANAGEMENT OF LYMPHOEDEMA
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema
(Part 2) £850 + VAT
Total: 45 hrs + 45 hrs self-study
Online – Wednesday 7 and Wednesday 21 October 2020
Practical – Friday 23 & Saturday 24 October 2020
Assessment & Exam – Saturday 21 & Sunday 22 November 2020
The course includes:
- Access to our new Learner Management System, CANVAS enabling you to interact with other students, access course materials and additional resources to compliment your training.
- Equipment- NO extra charge for bandages or MLD equipment.
- Lunch and refreshments.
- Certification of practice.
- Therapist Badge.
- Details added to our Directory of Therapists on our website (Certified FG MLD therapists)
Training is suitable for:
- Therapists holding a valid certificate in a recognised form of MLD (please supply a copy of this certificate upon application).
After completion of Part 1 (Essential Care in Lymphoedema):
- Registered General Nurses, Medics, Physiotherapists, Radiographers, Occupational Therapists, Osteopaths and Chiropractors.
- Complementary Therapists/Sports Therapists/Bodyworkers with degree level training.
After completion of either Part 1 of the Complete Course or the 3 day Support Worker Course
- Healthcare Support Worker working alongside an LTA trained therapist
By the end of the course you will have a thorough understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system, enabling you to holistically assess and diagnose the patient with lymphoedema. You will be able to design and implement an appropriate research and evidence based individualised management strategy selecting from a range of therapies and new innovations.
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema – FG-MLD, Fluoroscopy in assessment of oedema, New dimensions and understanding of lymphatics, Mapping lymphatic drainage pathways, How to perform MLD after mapping, Drainage of upper and lower limbs.
Certification: Part 1 can be completed independently but you must attend Part 2 to complete the certification in ‘Fill and Flush’ (FG-MLD). Successful students will receive a Certificate of Practice confirming they are fully qualified Lymphoedema Training Academy FG-MLD
Re-Certification: In order to maintain competence you must attend a 2 day Review 12 months after completion of the training followed by a 1 day Review every two years thereafter.
To apply please complete the application below.
Once accepted you will receive your invoice.
Any queries please contact the office on 0330 010 1317 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Date(s) - 23/10/2020 - 24/10/2020
9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy Ltd