THE LYMPHOEDEMA REHABILITATION PROGRAM
ESSENTIAL CARE IN LYMPHOEDEMA
Online- Tuesday 8th September 2020
Classroom- Thursday 17th – Saturday 19th September 2020
Online- Tuesday 29th September 2020
ADVANCED MANAGEMENT OF LYMPHOEDEMA
Online- Wednesday 7th October 2020
Classroom- Thursday 22nd – Saturday 24th October 2020
Exam– Saturday 21st & Sunday 22nd November 2020
Total: 90 hrs + 45 hrs self-study
Complete Package (Part 1 & 2) £1350 +VAT
Essential Care in Lymphoedema (Part 1 only) £500 +VAT
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema (Part 2 only) £850 + VAT
The course includes:
- Access to our new Learner Management System, CANVAS enabling you to interact with other students, access course materials and additional resources to compliment your training.
- Equipment- NO extra charge for bandages or MLD equipment.
- Complimentary Lunch and refreshments.
- Certification of practice.
- Therapist Badge
- Details added to our Directory of Therapists on our website (Certified FG MLD therapists)
Training is suitable for:
- Registered General Nurses, Medics, Physiotherapists, Radiographers, Occupational Therapists, Osteopaths and Chiropractors.
- Complementary Therapists/Sports Therapists/Bodyworkers with degree level training.
- Healthcare Support Worker working alongside an LTA trained therapist
By the end of the course you will have a thorough understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system, enabling you to holistically assess and diagnose the patient with lymphoedema. You will be able to design and implement an appropriate research and evidence based individualised management strategy selecting from a range of therapies and new innovations.
Essential Care in Lymphoedema – A&P, assessment and differential diagnosis, skincare, exercise, garments, IPC, laser, multi layer bandaging, psycho-social care.
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema – FG-MLD, Fluoroscopy in assessment of oedema, New dimensions and understanding of lymphatics, Mapping lymphatic drainage pathways, How to perform MLD after mapping, Drainage of upper and lower limbs.
Certification: Part 1 can be completed independently but you must attend Part 2 to complete the certification in ‘Fill and Flush’ (FG-MLD). Successful students will receive a Certificate of Practice confirming they are fully qualified Lymphoedema Training Academy FG-MLD
Re-Certification: In order to maintain competence you must attend a 2 day Review 12 months after completion of the training followed by a 1 day Review every two years thereafter. We also offer an additional Bandaging review in line with MLD UK membership requirements.
Please complete this online Application form so we can ensure the course is suitable for you. Once accepted we will contact you with your invoice.
Date(s) - 17/09/2020 - 19/09/2020
9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy Ltd