THE LYMPHOEDEMA REHABILITATION PROGRAM
With the health, well-being and safety of both students and staff being at the forefront of our business all our scheduled training is to be held via a virtual classroom until further notice and we will be holding practical days later in the year once government guidelines allow us to.
For more information regarding our online training check out our Virtual Classroom page.
ESSENTIAL CARE IN LYMPHOEDEMA
- Tuesday 14th April 2020
- Tuesday 5th May – Thursday 7th May 2020
- Wednesday 20th May 2020
ADVANCED MANAGEMENT OF LYMPHOEDEMA
- Wednesday 10th June 2020
- Thursday 18th – Saturday 20th June 2020
- Practical sessions will be arranged later in the year once the government guidelines allow us to do so.
- Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th July 2020 (at present in the classroom but subject to change
Total: 90 hrs + 45 hrs self-study
Complete Package (Part 1 & 2) £1350 +VAT
Essential Care in Lymphoedema (Part 1 only) £500 +VAT
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema (Part 2 only) £850 + VAT
The course includes:
- Access to our new Learner Management System, CANVAS enabling you to interact with other students, access course materials and additional resources to compliment your training.
- Equipment- NO extra charge for bandages or MLD equipment.
- Complimentary Lunch and refreshments (for practical sessions)
- Passport to Practice until practical sessions have been completed and then full certification will be issued.
- Therapist Badge
- Details added to our Directory of Therapists on our website (Certified FG MLD therapists)
Training is suitable for:
- Registered General Nurses, Medics, Physiotherapists, Radiographers, Occupational Therapists, Osteopaths and Chiropractors.
- Complementary Therapists/Sports Therapists/Bodyworkers with degree level training.
- Healthcare Support Worker working alongside an LTA trained therapist
By the end of the course you will have a thorough understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system, enabling you to holistically assess and diagnose the patient with lymphoedema. You will be able to design and implement an appropriate research and evidence based individualised management strategy selecting from a range of therapies and new innovations.
Essential Care in Lymphoedema – A&P, assessment and differential diagnosis, skincare, exercise, garments, IPC, laser, multi layer bandaging, psycho-social care.
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema – FG-MLD, Fluoroscopy in assessment of oedema, New dimensions and understanding of lymphatics, Mapping lymphatic drainage pathways, How to perform MLD after mapping, Drainage of upper and lower limbs.
Certification: Part 1 can be completed independently but you must attend Part 2 to complete the certification in ‘Fill and Flush’ (FG-MLD). Successful students will receive a Certificate of Practice confirming they are fully qualified Lymphoedema Training Academy FG-MLD
Re-Certification: In order to maintain competence you must attend a 2 day Review 12 months after completion of the training followed by a 1 day Review every two years thereafter. We also offer an additional Bandaging review in line with MLD UK membership requirements.
Please complete this online Application form so we can ensure the course is suitable for you. Once accepted we will contact you with your invoice.
Date(s) - 05/05/2020 - 07/05/2020
9:00 am - 6:30 pm