Cost: £350 + VAT = £420
3 days: 21-23 June 2018
The course includes free: folder and course material, writing material, measuring equipment, and two course lunch. On completion of the course you will receive a Certificate of Practice.
With changes to service provision within the NHS and private sector, the role of the lymphoedema support worker is integral to providing continued clinical care to our patients. As a key team member the support worker is trained at a high level to ensure best practice.
This 3 day training course will provide essential skills to allow for the prescribed treatment and ongoing care of the person living with lymphoedema and other lymphatic causes of swelling.
Course content includes;
- The role of the lymphoedema support worker
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Causes and types of Oedema
- Assessment and measurement of oedema
- Skincare and reassessment
- Providing support with technical skills (IPC, Laser and KT)
- The role of exercise and positioning
- Exercise skills
- Providing self care skills
- Psychosocial support and Assisting with adherence
- Lymphatic drainage made simple
- Help with midline oedema
- How compression works
- Measuring for compression and evaluation
- Application and care of compression garments
- Palliative oedema
- Simple solutions for managing palliative oedema
Assessment will take place through a informal case study assessment on day 3
Following the above 3 day course delegates will be able to attend the 5 day Fluoroscopy Guided Manual Lymphatic drainage (FG-MLD) training and able to carry out MLD when prescribed by a healthcare professional used in a healthcare setting.
If you wish to apply please complete this online application form and for more information contact the office on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0330 010 1317.
Date(s) - 21/06/2018 - 23/06/2018
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy Ltd