3rd March 2020
Skilled therapists spending time with people who have needs is the essence of healthcare. Ensuring that complementary therapists have good communication skills and an awareness of significant “flags” will help to integrate their care and clinical findings with other members of the healthcare team. This course aims at enabling complementary therapists to contribute to excellent healthcare through active listening skills underpinned by awareness of sentinel symptoms and behaviours’(flags). As we know, healthcare should be safe, effective and enabling.
- Be aware of flags or sentinel symptoms that indicate further assessment (red flags).
- Be better able to utilise active listening skills that can make their encounter more comprehensive and therapeutic.
- Be aware of brief therapeutic interventions on lifestyle changes that have a positive health benefit.
Examples of modules delivered by our team of consultants, nurses and doctors will over 2019-2023.
- Red and Yellow Flags. Writing effective letters to GPs’
- Learning the narrative of the NHS
- NHS Governance
- Motivational interviewing techniques.
- Pacing and pain management tools
- Infection control.
- Learning how to create Reflective Learning Portfolios.
You will be awarded a CPD certificate endorsed by the College of Medicine.
Date(s) - 03/03/2020
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy Ltd