Lymphatic Bowen Technique for MLD Practitioners
10-11 October – Module One 14 CPD points*
11-12 December – Module Two 14 CPD points*
*Accredited with ThinkTreeHub
35 hours practical training and 35 hours home study
Cost: £500 + VAT = £600
Bring a friend and you both receive a 20% discount.
This course includes:
Complimentary lunch and refreshments on practical day.
Certification of practice.
With the health, well-being and safety of both students and staff being at the forefront of our business all our scheduled training will be subject to change with regards to Government Guidelines. Some sessions may be held via a virtual classroom and you will be notified of any change as soon as possible.
For more information regarding our online training check out our Virtual Classroom page.
Module One Saturday 10th – Sunday 11th October.
- Outlining the specific known lymph procedures. Anatomical and physiological understanding of 4 main lymph approaches.
- Axillary Breast procedure.
- Pelvic procedure
- Temporo Mandibular procedure.
- Constructing a 45 minute treatment.
- Contra-indications / risk assessment. Covid19 implications.
- Measurements / Case Studies and Results.
- Introduction to taking a case study and structure / expectations. 5 cases will be expected for the accredited course completion.
- End of course knowledge checker. (Online quiz)
Module 2 Friday 11th- Saturday 12th December
Here we draw on your vast experience to expand clinical application and quality. The focus is on neurology and fascia for the theoretical aspects, Chapman Reflexes and the infinite possibility of the Bowen move for the practical. The aim to create a skill-set that is fluid and professional and tailored to the individual rather than a textbook approach. A fusion of skill-sets.
- Questions and answers. Group session. Experiences / challenges / results.
- The emotional science of “tension”, how Bowen works and its impact on lymph movement.
- Introduction to the Chapman Reflexes / anatomical reasoning and locations for treatment.
- Practical demonstrations and discussion.
- Accuracy Session. Exploring different pressures and optimum intervention with the Bowen Move.
- Fascia science and its impact on lymph in relation to the Bowen move.
- Observing the client physiologically / movement patterns and consequences. The nociceptive withdrawal reflex.
- Lymph volume reduction
- Range of movement
- Quality of life.
- Conclusions / progressions and requirements for certification. 5 case studies x 3 treatments and a 1 hour online written paper with “teachables”.
All course delivery will be supported with:
- Group work
- Practice reflection.
- Case work and examples.
- Measurement using tape measures and onsite moisture metres.
- Online learning tools and webinars / zoom meetings
Training is suitable for:
- Health Professionals / therapists holding a valid certificate in a recognised form of MLD (please supply a copy of this certificate upon application).
- All practitioners must hold either a health professional qualification or relevant degree.
Date(s) - 11/12/2020 - 12/12/2020
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy Ltd