The Lymphoedema Rehabilitation Programme
135hr International Training Programme
Join us on our restructured blended learning training programme.
By the end of the course you will have a thorough understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system, enabling you to holistically assess and diagnose the patient with lymphoedema.
You will be able to design and implement an appropriate research and evidence based individualised management strategy selecting from a range of therapies and new innovations.
You will be competent in the field of Decongestive Lymphatic Therapy including Multi Component bandaging and the latest knowledge and research in Fluoroscopy Guided Manual Lymphatic Drainage (FG-MLD®)
- The contents of this course is split into 2 parts;
Essential Care in Lymphoedema (ECL) – this training is designed to introduce you to the lymphatic system, assessment and diagnosis of chronic and lymphoedema and to gain knowledge, skills and techniques in compression, exercise, skincare, garments & multi-component bandaging. Training will also cover innovations and consideration for clinical practice.
- Advanced Management of Lymphoedema (AML) – this training is designed to provide you with skills, knowledge and techniques in advanced lymphoedema management. Training will include a deeper look at the lymphatic system and drainage pathways. Achieved through the vast research we have done using Lymphofluoroscopy Imaging (ICG) we will introduce you to Fluoroscopy Guided Manual lymphatic Drainage (FG-MLD®) and the ‘Fill & Flush’ technique and provide you with skills to get faster, long lasting results from your treatment.
To note: Essential Care in Lymphoedema is a pre-requisite to Advanced Management of Lymphoedema
Our Lymphoedema Rehabilitation training programme will certify you as a ‘LTA Therapist’ with a globally recognised 135 hour training course on completion of both parts.
The benefits of an LTA certification means you can;
- Display your FG-MLD® Certified and LTA Cert. logo on your marketing material
- Write LTA Cert. after your name
- Wear your qualification badge
- Practice the most researched and evidenced based method of MLD
- Use an innovative technique and ensure effective treatment programmes
- Receive training and support from Jane Wigg & Team
- Access the latest developments in Lymphoedema care
- Have access to a private FG-MLD® Therapist FB Page
This training is suitable for: All certified healthcare professionals.
This course is also suitable for Medics, Nurses, Physiotherapists, Radiographers, Occupational therapists, Osteopaths and Chiropractors.
Please note: We do offer differing training programmes for other professionals.
Essential Care in Lymphoedema
Online – 25th April & 4th May 2022
Classroom – 12th & 13th May 2022
Assessment & Exam – 14th May 2022*
*Please note: You are to only attend this date if you are completing ECL only. If you are attending the full ‘The Lymphoedema Rehabilitation Programme’, your Practical Assessment & Exam will take place on the last day of your course
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema – inc FG-MLD®
Online – 22nd & 27th June 2022
Classroom – 30th June & 1st July 2022
Assessment & Exam – 2nd July 2022
The Lymphoedema Rehabilitation Programme – £1,550.00 + VAT
Essential Care in Lymphoedema – £695.00 + VAT
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema – £895.00 + VAT
Date(s) - 25/04/2022 - 02/07/2022
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy