Lymphoedema Management for Manual Therapists
Join us on our blended learning training programme designed specifically for therapists working within in the private sector from a massage or complementary therapy background.
This course will deliver a thorough understanding of the anatomy, physiology, and pathophysiology of the lymphatic system, providing you with the knowledge and skills to recognise and treat, lymphoedema and chronic swelling.
By the end of the course, you will be able to design and implement appropriate research and evidence based individualised management, selecting from a range of the latest therapies and new innovations and provide Fluoroscopy Guided Manual Lymphatic Drainage (FG-MLD®/’Fill &Flush) to clients with upper and lower limb lymphoedema.
Within this course you will be able to recognise lymphoedema, it’s types and causes, be aware of differing treatment strategies and provide bespoke treatment plans.
Sessions will cover anatomy and physiology, pathology, psychosocial care, compression therapy, manual lymphatic drainage and other essential lymphoedema management ensuring that we equip you with the necessary skills to improve the lives of those living with lymphoedema.
On completion you will gain practical qualification of Manual Lymphatic Drainage (FG-MLD®) of the Upper & Lower Limbs.
Our Lymphoedema Management for Manual Therapist training programme will certify you as an ‘LTA Therapist’.
The benefit of an LTA certification means you can;
- Write LTA Cert. after your name
- Display FG-MLD® Certified and LTA Cert. logo on your marketing material
- Be recognised through wearing you LTA cert. qualification badge
- Practice the most researched and evidenced based method of MLD
- Be listed on our international directory of lymphoedema services
- Use an innovative technique and ensure effective treatment programmes
- Receive training and support from Jane Wigg & Team
- Access the latest developments in Lymphoedema care
- Have access to a private FG-MLD® Therapist FB Page for on-going support and advice.
This training is suitable for all bodyworker & manual, massage therapists with a Level 3 Diploma or above (prerequisites apply)
Please note: Degree trained therapist may be suitable to attend our ‘Lymphoedema Rehabilitation Programme’ training course (Prerequisites apply)
Please note: We do offer differing training programmes for other professionals.
Online – 28th February & 7th March 2022
Classroom – 31st March & 1st April 2022
Assessment & Exam – 2nd April 2022
£895.00 + VAT
Date(s) - 28/02/2022 - 02/04/2022
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy