ESSENTIAL CARE IN LYMPHOEDEMA
Online- Thursday 2nd May 2019
Classroom- Wednesday 8th May – Friday 10th May 2019
ADVANCED MANAGEMENT OF LYMPHOEDEMA
Online- Friday 24th May 2019
Classroom- Wednesday 5th June – Friday 7th June 2019
Exam– 5 & 6 July 2019
Total: 90 hrs + 45 hrs self-study
Complete Package (Part 1 & 2) £1350 +VAT
Essential Care in Lymphoedema (Part 1 only) £500 +VAT
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema (Part 2 only) £850 + VAT
The course includes:
- Access to our new Learner Management System, CANVAS enabling you to interact with other students, access course materials and additional resources to compliment your training.
- Equipment- NO extra charge for bandages or MLD equipment.
- Complimentary Lunch and refreshments.
- Certification of practice.
- Therapist Badge
- Details added to our Directory of Therapists on our website (Certified FG MLD therapists)
Training is suitable for:
- Registered General Nurses, Medics, Physiotherapists, Radiographers, Occupational Therapists, Osteopaths and Chiropractors.
- Complementary Therapists/Sports Therapists/Bodyworkers with degree level training.
- Healthcare Support Worker working alongside an LTA trained therapist
By the end of the course you will have a thorough understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the lymphatic system, enabling you to holistically assess and diagnose the patient with lymphoedema. You will be able to design and implement an appropriate research and evidence based individualised management strategy selecting from a range of therapies and new innovations.
Essential Care in Lymphoedema – A&P, assessment and differential diagnosis, skincare, exercise, garments, IPC, laser, multi layer bandaging, psycho-social care.
Advanced Management of Lymphoedema – FG-MLD, Fluoroscopy in assessment of oedema, New dimensions and understanding of lymphatics, Mapping lymphatic drainage pathways, How to perform MLD after mapping, Drainage of upper and lower limbs.
Part 1 can be completed independently but you must attend Part 2 to complete the certification in ‘Fill and Flush’ (FG-MLD).
Successful students will receive a Certificate of Practice confirming they are fully qualified Lymphoedema Training Academy FG-MLD
In order to maintain competence you must attend a 2 day Review 12 months after completion of the training followed by a 1 day Review every two years thereafter.
Please complete this online Application form so we can ensure the course is suitable for you. Once accepted we will contact you with your invoice.
Not sure if the course is for you?
Date(s) - 08/05/2019 - 10/05/2019
9:00 am - 6:30 pm
Lymphoedema Training Academy Ltd